Landscaping lights will complete the beauty of a landscaped garden. What are they specifically and how will it benefit you as a homeowner?
They are outdoor lighting fixtures that uses energy efficient led light fixtures. Having these kinds of lights will:
- Provide you and your family sheer enjoyment of your garden at night
- Increase your home security
- Increase the value of your house
Before buying and installing the lights you should do the following:
- Study the plan of your garden. If you think you don't have the expertise and talent, hire a landscaper and a professional outdoor lighting electrician.
- Decide where you want to place the lights. The best way to figure this out is to go to your garden at night with a high beam flashlight and try lighting preferred areas from different angles.
- You can try different lighting techniques with your flashlight such as backlighting to enhance the silhouette of your favorite tree, spotlighting to highlight a distinct object like your fountain and cross lighting that has lights coming from two opposite directions and focusing on a single object. This will add depth and dimension to that focused object.
Decide whether to buy solar lights or the led light fixtures
Solar lights - 1st option
- relatively cheap
- easy to install
- no wirings necessary
- does not consume electricity as it draws its power from the sun's rays
- no sunshine, no light at night
- not so durable
Led lights - 2nd option
- competitively priced
- requires an electrician to install
- uses heavy duty wirings for durability
- consumes a little electricity
- lifetime warranty
With these scenarios, the best landscaping lights I would recommend is the 2nd option.
This is because of their durability and the ability to give you light whatever season you are in. You get tremendous savings in the long run.