In our growing need for energy efficiency in everything from cars to light bulbs, more and more research is being LED technology. In recent years, LEDs have been replacing incandescent and fluorescent bulbs in many applications, including traffic lights, led light strips
, and reading lights. While CFLs are still the best option for cost-effective energy efficiency, LEDs are rapidly growing as the new competitor in the market.
The incandescent bulb has hardly changed since its invention in 1879 by Thomas Edison. A 40-watt smd 5050
light bulb glow burn through more energy than it needs to produce the light you see. Usually becomes only 5% of the energy in visible light, while the remaining 90-95% is lost as heat. In addition, LED light bulbs generate very little heat, transferring most of its energy directly into light.
The latest technology allows the LED light bulb to produce the same amount of light that a compact fluorescent (CFL). However, LED light address is totally unlike incandescent bulbs and fluorescent light in all directions welcome. Focus its LED light in one direction, so you have light exactly where you want, which is great for task lights, but not desirable on accessories or general ambient lighting. CFL and incandescent bulbs are better choices for general lighting.
LED light bulbs
emit a white light into a pleasant space.
Unlike the yellow light we're so used to seeing from incandescent bulbs; the cast of white light LEDs have a slightly bluish tint and is closer to the color temperature of daylight. The white light of LEDs is easier on the eyes and also has proven effective in treating seasonal affective disorder (SAD).
Because of advances in technology and improvements in manufacturing processes, LED bulbs will soon become more accessible to the average consumer. The Energy Department has estimated that LED lighting could reduce energy consumption for lighting U.S. by 29% in 2025, saving the country's households about $ 125 billion in the process.
LED Benefits - At a glance:
Save money on electricity
The light is comparable with the color of daylight
Use only 2. 10 watts of electricity (1/3rd to 1/30th of Incandescent or CFL)
Long life - until the bulb life of 60,000 hours
Runs cool (warm to touch) - generates little heat compared to standard bulbs
Works with most voltage regulators